Friday, November 18, 2005

Nightstalker


I have been taking painting classes on Saturdays w/my Mom for awhile now as I am trying to develop some serious painting skills. Well,needless to say I learn alot by doing studies of some of my favorite artists and of those I wish to emulate in my work. Here is a study of one of my favorites pieces from Frank Frazetta...titled Nightstalker. Unfortunately I havent been able to take a good photo of this piece so I just scanned it directly into my mac, I say this b/c the scan does the piece no justice.
Well, I was happy w/it since it really was only my 2nd painting @ this level....

cheers

8 comments:

Kmann said...

Nice bro! Your mom must be a talented painter and teacher herself. Beautiful piece!

Mark McDonnell said...

Impressive . . .but, paint something from your head. Your level of composition is far more complex than "the king" at this time period.

MAC

David Colman said...

I am MAC....on it right now....

JOSE LOPEZ said...

Awesome!

ladyparadox said...

i wish i could be even 1/10th of the artist you are. I painted a mermaid and my nephew called it a 'pussy cat!' waaah! brilliant art man, seriously

Cedric said...

Wow, fantastic! I haven't picked up a paintbrush in many years, but you inspire me to want to get back into it. Beautiful work.

Patrick Morgan said...

Great my man. Where are you taking classes at?

Glad we got together to draw today.

cheers

Simon Says said...

very nice!!