Monday, November 27, 2006

Development sketch_KungFuGirl


In addition to working full time for Cartoon Network on Class of 3000 I also work on several projects on a freelance basis. I like to get involved in all different types of projects to help keep my skills sharp and keep me enthusiastic about my craft.... It also increases my strength in versatility as well as keep the numbers up in my bank acct......thank god for freelance
Anywho, I recently became involved w/Kung Fu Girl.....a revamp of an iconic character from overseas in Japan that is now being turned into a 3D TV show... I am lead designer on the project and although I cant show any of the actual designs I felt this piece could be displayed b/c it is nowhere near the actual look or style of the show. It is one of the first sketches I did when asked to submit some work.....I never cleaned it up nor redrew it, so forgive the crude line and pencil smudges..

Hope ya'll enjoy

9 comments:

Daniel Davis said...

She looks cool, David. Though I wouldn't really mind meeting her on the street, she'd probably come kick my kung-fu butt.

(But, I'm training!)

Anonymous said...

Yo,
Very nice.Love it. Inspirational

Bobby Chiu said...

eh looks good anyways!! the final must be lookin killer.

Do you use an agent for your freelance?

Octavio E. Rodriguez said...

Very nice, indeed!

Alina Chau said...

REal cool character drawing!

Mike Collins said...

i love this sketch so your roughness and smudges are forgiven. ;) seriously though, this is an amazing piece. she's sultry and dangerous. wohoo!!

Sandra Khoo said...

All is forgiven. She so purty! :D Lovely!

cdeboda said...

Thats a cool character sketch. Prefer seeing the "loose" drawings anyways.

Frasier Olivier said...

il est vraiment trés sympa ce croquis.
Bravo
O.F.