Monday, January 15, 2007

sharpening the chops





Here are some recvent figure sketches done w/a ballpoint pen. I always try to switch up my materials which then helps me discover new approaches to a subject I have practiced for years.....one in which I always need practice with. These sketches were anywhere from 3-5 min sketches...found myself beginning to design the figure in this session.
The model had a figure reminiscent of Frazetta's work.....so on one page I found myself replacing the stool for a stylized wild cat.....stimulated my imagination and helped make the sketches a little more interesting...

3 comments:

Mark McDonnell said...

Nice and playful man. Great push and using your imagination.

MAC

Anonymous said...

That big cat stool is great.

Anonymous said...

hey David,
'i love these. very sensitive and wonderful shapes throughout.