Friday, May 11, 2007

San Jose State Lecture





Well my book continues to bring me the honor of being a guest speaker @ many colleges,events and conventions... I recently was flown up to San Jose State to give a lecture,demo, and portfolio review for the animation club, Shrunken Head Men club..
It was a great time...showed over 125 slides of my work, both professioal and personal, did a demo on shape exploitation, and reviewed the students work....a lot of talent up there folks... I mean it, I was thoroughly impressed...many from this club will be working alongside of us soon...

Anyway here are some of the pics... almost 100 people showed up although in these photos many had been scared away by this time.......guess forgetting to shower had its consequences.

5 comments:

pavementmouse said...

Hey David,

Thanks for the lecture at San Jose State. It was really great to hear alot of thoughts and ideas when drawing. And thanks again for stopping by the old blog even with your busy schedule.

Regards,
Scott

Bobby Chiu said...

Looking awesome bro. The top pic rocks

Nigel Li said...

once again, thanks again for coming. check out http://nigelportfolio.blogspot.com for a picture of the giant from jack and the beanstalk that you liked. I pretty much have your whole blog in my cool images folder.

brittnie_bruner said...

Thanks again David! I'm so glad you were able to come. Thanks for posting the pics. People are still talking about the lecture and critique. Great job!

A Highly Refined Pirate said...

Wow! thanks for the visit, it was very inspiring. I myself am interested in animal design so it was a huge help! Your insight on the buisness was also priceless pieces of information. Thanks again!
- Candace