Thursday, September 02, 2010

Gumby is a bit timid of new things


Here is another oil piece for my exhibition at Galerie Maghen in Paris in November. I started it on Saturday at my good friend Craig's studio and finished it up on Sunday. Forgive the photo though...cant even see the blue sky in the background. So hard to shoot art! I am just about finished with all the pieces for the exhibtion. 15 more were requested since April. I did 9 between then and July to deliver to the representatives at Comic Con and then had 6 left. This piece makes 3 of the 6. I am going to do one more oil this Saturday which will allow two weeks for drying and with the wash approach it will dry in no time. I just started my 4th one lastnight and its a large graphite illustration. I have done a few graphite pieces....sometimes black and white just speaks to me!
I have many ideas for the last few...so who knows. I am having a blast!

13 comments:

Javier M. said...

Like they say back in the day... FRESH. See you in class

kris.w said...

not sure if this is an INSPIRATION or FRUSTRATION to someone of my skill level, but nevertheless, it's amazing! nice work!

tiffannysketchbook said...

love it :)

TREVOR Simonsen said...

poor guy needs to get out more.

:::Julia Lundman::: said...

HI David!
It looks great - I am experimenting with oil myself and having a little bit of confusion. It looks like you did this on watercolor paper. Did you use the acrylic stain like you said in the previous post? do you do the drawing on top of that then finish off with oil? Currently I'm gessoing a piece of illustration board, transferring my drawing, then painting in oil (haven't started painting yet). I'm curious to know your technique so I don't mess up!
Thanks! i LOVE your work so much!
Julia

coNs Oroza said...

boy that's beautiful!

lincoln said...

Geez! You bang out paintings fast!And great ones at that!

joe said...

Yessssss! Awesome stuff as always! Thanks for the inspiration David!

Peter Oedekoven said...

nice one..

Bobby Chiu said...

so sweeeet!! Looks awesome David

nityanshu said...

Its awesum!!! wow

Oscar Martín said...

Genial!

Malgorzata Arska said...

so cute :)