Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Try something new....



I went to the Petersen Automotive Museum tonight for a special event. Now I am not a car guy nor do I draw cars but I was so inspired by the old cars I saw tonight. Love the designs, and so much history! It inspired me to do some quick sketches. These are the first real field studies of cars I have ever done, and it wont be my last. Which brings me to an important point; dont be afraid to try something new, you may like it and if not you at least learn something in the process.

6 comments:

Jonathan Chang said...

it wasnt until i started drawing cars that i actually started appreciated / understanding automotive design.

Vikram said...

Great drawings. Keep posting keep inspiring.

Adrian Lubbers said...

Hey Dave. I totally agree. I'm not a car guy either but I do draw them on ocassion because they really are difficult.
I find trying different things also gives me a real appreciation for the guys who excell at it.

TREVOR Simonsen said...

You have to check out the Nethercutt museum! http://nethercuttcollection.org/

It's free. There are so many sweet cars to look at.

RoMsS said...

I realy apreaciate your work very dynamic.I keep your blog as a reference

what do you think about my drawing,and i want to become a animator

http://kiiroreiki.blogspot.com/

Edin_Durmisevic said...

Great stuff you have here I like the loos stile of drawing. I am at the moment trying to use more loos lines when drawing so if you have time to stop by to my blog it would be great and helpful :). About the cars: Is it harder to go from organic drawing to the mechanical?