Sunday, July 22, 2012

RIP Capone 9/11/01-7/20/12

I lost my best friend on Friday morning the 20th of July at 1130AM. His time had come and I am very thankful he did not suffer. There was no extended slow decline of quality of life-it all happened suddenly and took him quickly. I miss you so much buddy. You lived to love and I will own many more dogs in my life but none will be as wonderful as you;such a giant personality and a real cuddle monkey- a big 95 lb one- ;). You made my life so much better and I did the same for you this I am sure of. I rescued you 9 years ago from a shortened life and stuck in a cage with some mean dogs-we never looked back. You made so many people happy and will forever be in the hearts of so many. You were so good to my family and especially to our little angel Charlotte-now 16 months old. Its because of you she loves all dogs. I showed her a picture of you yesterday and she said "Pone" and then was looking for you. It broke my heart. But I know it was time for you to leave and even you knew it. I dreaded this day, it has now come and I must move on but I have so many funny and wonderful memories that I consider myself lucky to have ever had such a wonderful dog like you. A piece of my heart vanished on Friday but my heart has so much more love inside because of you. I love you Capone....always and forever.

14 comments:

Cynthia Carolina said...

I feel sorry for your loss, I understand perfectly because I went through it myself, I know how difficult the moment, but knowing that they were happy together helps ease the pain, greetings Cyn - juegos de naves

John Nunnemacher said...

I am so sorry ... You can take solace in the fact that you rescued him and gave him a great life.

My own rescue dog from almost as long ago is getting up there in years ... I know it will come, but I'm dreading the day she has to leave as well.

Stay strong and best wishes to you!

Amy Kim said...

This entry broke my heart!

I remember when my dog of 16 years passed, it was hard for others to understand the heartbreak/anguish I felt, mainly because they were never dog owners (how sad). Like they say, you'll never live life to the fullest unless you have a dog. Even though Capone is gone, I hope to see him live on in your art! :)

Charles Eubanks said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news! Thank you for sharing him with the rest of us through your art. It's clear that he had a wonderful family in you.

C.Deboda said...

My condolences. And RIP Capone. I'm sure he lived a very happy and fulfilling life with you guys. :)

Sandra N. Andersen said...

My condolences,

My dog which had been there more than half my life passed away a year ago, it was gruesome, I still think of her and smile though.

All people should be allowed to experience how wonderful dogs can be...

Karly Jade said...

This breaks my heart.

John Garrett said...

My condolences, David. I lost my best friend back in 2010 and think of her everyday.
RIP Capone.

~John

Andrea Femerstrand said...

I'm so sorry to read this. It's always hard to loose a loved pet and family member.

Jen said...

sorry for your loss David, from your sketch, he looks a quite a bit like my best friend, Butch, whom I lost several years ago, under similar sudden circumstances. He also was a cuddle monster and had a giant heart full of love, and I'll never forget him.

Diyana said...

I'm so sorry for your loss David.

Focus on all the happy and positive times! :D As I'm sure those were the ones that meant the most!

Keep strong!

David Colman said...

thank you everyone for your condolences

peter maloney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
peter maloney said...

sorry to read about this.it's hard to outlive a pet